Friday, October 16, 2009

Right choice - Bright future!

After the worn - out exam days, Tam - the only boy whose father is a boss of the famous furniture store in Nam Dinh, said “Although my parents always give me many chances to study, I have failed the entrance exams 3 times. It’s quite sure that I can’t pass. I know my learning capacity. I take the exam only because of my parents’ expectations, so I never feel happy or relaxed.”
“I know my learning capacity so I don’t want to study higher. I want to become a professional commercial boss about furniture, but my parents do insist on my going to the university. No matter how I have tried to persuade them, they have still kept scolding me; thus, I have to take the exams from year to year,” he added.

Bich Hang is not a very good student. She has taken the entrance exams twice. Last year, although she chose carefully a low – competitive university, she still failed. This year, she went on taking the exams. However, after the final test, she could guess that the chance for her to enter university was very small.

What do you think about two stories above? Is university the only way to have a successful career?

Every year, there are millions of examinees taking entrance exams all over Vietnam; however, just about 1/5 of them can enter the universities. So, what happens to the rest? Failing the entrance exams means a dead – end of their life, doesn’t it?

In fact, university is not the only way to have a successful career.

If you realize that you are not competent enough to pass the entrance exams, you can study at colleges or vocational schools. The most important thing is the way you study, not the place you study.

In real life, there are many people who can have a good job without any university certificate.

Tran Quoc Hoan, an Electronics student of a vocational school, said “To most people nowadays, university is the only way to have a successful career, but I don’t think so. I know my capacity and choose for myself a different way. I’m studying Electronics. After graduation, I will work for an Electronics company, or if I have a chance, I will found and run my own company.”

Le Quoc Van, a boss of a Computer Repair company, shared his opinion “I failed the university for 2 consecutive years. I was very upset. However, on the second thought, I think university is not the only way, so I decided to choose a vocational school to establish for myself a bright future.”

Ngo Thu Thuy, a student of Fashion Tailoring, said “University is the best and shortest way to success, but if we don’t have enough capacity to pass the university, there are still lots of other ways leading to the same destination. Now I’m studying Fashion Tailoring. My intention in the future is to open a fashion shop of my own.”

Every way will lead to success. University is not the only way to have a good job. We should choose the school that goes with our interest and competence. Believing in yourself and your choice is the most important thing in life.

My wish - Rascal Flatts

"And if one door opens to another door closed.
I hope you keep on walking until you find the window."

No comments: